AKC Purebred Preservation Bank, Inc.
Last Updated: 12/14/2022
Welcome! We are AKC Purebred Preservation Bank, Inc. a Delaware not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing a repository for canine genetic material for use in breed preservation. This Privacy Notice explains how AKC Purebred Preservation Bank, Inc. (“AKC PPB”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, discloses, and otherwise processes personal information (as defined below) in connection with our websites (the “Sites”) and other websites we own and operate that link to this Privacy Notice, and the related content, platform, services, products, and other functionality offered on or through our online services (collectively, the “Services”). It does not address our privacy practices relating to AKC PPB job applicants, employees and other personnel.
Table of Contents
Our Collection of Personal Information
When we use the term “personal information” in this Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to an individual. It does not include aggregated or deidentified information that is maintained in a form that is not reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to an individual.
We collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, we may link or combine your activities and information collected from you on our Services with information we receive from third parties. We may also collect information automatically through tracking technologies (defined below). This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us.
More specifically, we may collect the following personal information in connection with our Services:
- Contact Information, including first and last name, email address, mailing address, employer, job title, company name, phone number and communication preferences.
- Inquiry and Communications Information, including information provided in custom messages sent through the forms, to one of our email addresses, or via phone. This also includes information provided in order to subscribe to any of our newsletters (such as email address), or contact information provided on our Services. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications.
- Log Data, including IP address, browser ID, date/time of visit, and pages visited which are collected automatically.
- Analytics Data, including automatically recorded electronic paths taken to our Sites, through our Sites and when exiting our Sites, as well as usage and activity on our Sites.
- Location Data, including general geographic location based on the Log Data automatically collected on our Sites.
- Third Party Data. We may also obtain personal information relating to the users of our Services through other individuals and our affiliates, partners, social media providers and our service providers.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
As is true of most digital platforms, we and our third-party providers may also collect personal information from an individual’s device, browsing actions and website usage patterns automatically when visiting or interacting with our Services, which may include log data (such as internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, browser id, the URL entered and the referring page/campaign, date/time of visit, the time spent on our Services and any errors that may occur during the visit to our Services), analytics data (such as the electronic path taken to our Services, through our Services and when exiting our Services, as well as usage and activity on our Services) and location data (such as general geographic location based on the log data we or our third-party providers collect). Please note that our systems may also record personal information that you type into our Site and other online services even if you do not choose to submit it.
To manage cookies, an individual may change their browser settings to: (i) notify them when they receive a cookie, so the individual can choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact an individual’s experience using our Services, as some features and offerings may not work properly or at all. Depending on an individual’s device and operating system, the individual may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if an individual wants to reject cookies across all browsers and devices, the individual will need to do so on each browser on each device they actively use. An individual may also set their email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether they have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
For more information on our and third-party partners’ data collection and online advertising practices, please see the Third Party Data Collection and Online Advertising section of this Privacy Notice.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use personal information we collect to:
- Communicate with parties and to respond to their inquiries;
- Operate, maintain, provide, evaluate, and improve the features, functionality and experience of our Services;
- Provide our educational resources;
- Communicate with individuals;
- Market to individuals;
- Conduct research and analytics of individuals we engage with;
- Manage our organization, enforce and carry out our contracts and agreements, and comply with legal obligations;
- For any other lawful purpose or other purpose that you consent to; and
- Perform functions as otherwise described at the time of collection.
Where you choose to contact us, we may need additional information to fulfill the request or respond to inquiries. We may provide you with additional privacy-related information where the scope of the inquiry/request and/or personal information we require fall outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. In that case, the additional privacy notice will govern how we may process the information provided at that time.
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose personal information in the following ways:
- Affiliates: We may share personal information with other companies owned or controlled by AKC PPB, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as AKC PPB, which also includes American Kennel Club, Inc. and our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or any AKC PPB affiliate, particularly when we collaborate in providing the Services.
- Service Providers: We engage other third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, such as website hosting, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, analytics services, marketing services, payment processing services and administrative services.
- Social Media: When you interact with our Services through various social media networks, such as when you “Like” us on Facebook or follow us or share our content on Facebook or other social networks, we may receive some information about you that you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network, and may include your profile information, profile picture, gender, username, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Services, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Business Relationships: We enter into certain select partnerships with sponsors and other organizations that provide products or services that we believe may be of interest to users of the Services. We will share personal information, or any information collected through the Services with those organizations in order to facilitate and to help them send you information that we believe will be of interest to you.
- Your Employer / Organization: If you interact with our Services through your employer or organization, we may disclose your information to your employer or organization, including another representative of your employer or organization.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others, including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to protect the health and safety of us and others; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law.
- With Your Consent: We may disclose personal information about an individual to certain other third parties or publicly with their consent or direction. For example, with an individual’s consent or direction we may post their testimonial on our Sites or service-related publications.
Third-Party Data Collection and Online Advertising
We permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third-party services, to collect information about your use of our online services over time so that they may play or display ads on our Services, on other websites or services you may use, and on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the Sites, AdID, precise geolocation and other information. We may share a common account identifier (such as a hashed email address or user ID) with our third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. We may also use services provided by third parties (such as social media platforms) to serve targeted ads to you and others on such platforms. We may do this by providing a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider. Please see Online Ads of the Control Over Your Information section below, to learn how you can opt out of interest-based advertising.
Social Media Widgets and Advertising. Our Services may include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter or other widgets. These social media companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to our Services, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies.
We display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social media forums. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our services while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. We may share a unique identifier, such as a user ID or hashed email address, with these platform providers or they may collect information from our website visitors through a first-party pixel, in order to direct targeted advertising to you or to a custom audience on the social media platform. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them. If you do not want to receive targeted ads on your social networks, you may be able to adjust your advertising preferences through your settings on those networks.
Third Party Partners. We work with a variety of third-party partners. For example, we use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our Services on your browser or mobile device, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed email address, with Google to facilitate the service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our Services and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google’s website, “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Services. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by visiting NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Control Over Your Information
You may control your information in the following ways:
- Access to Your Device Information. You may control the Services’ access to your device information through your “Settings” app on your device. For instance, you can withdraw permission for the Services to access your network devices and geolocation and to integrate with your other applications.
- Online Ads: To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) resources and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) online resources, at www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and you can opt-out of receiving some interest-based advertisements on mobile apps by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings menu on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some — but not all — interest-based advertising served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
If you want to opt out of receiving online interest-based advertisements on mobile apps, please follow the instructions at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If an individual is under the age of 13, they should not use our Services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal information.
Links to Third-Party Websites or Services
Our Services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Except where we post, link to or expressly adopt or refer to this Privacy Notice, this Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any personal information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify individuals by email to their registered email address, by prominent posting on our Services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
Attn: Privacy Department
8051 Arco Corporate Drive
Raleigh, North Carolina 27617